TO ALL OUR P.S. 24 FAMILIES!
HAVE A SAFE AND FABULOUS SUMMER!
SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER!
Just a Reminder the First Day of School for All Students is Wednesday, September 9th. Students in 1st - 5th Grade Report to School at 8:00 a.m.
Kindergarten Parents Will Receive a Letter in the Mail Over the Summer with Your Child's Class Assignment and What Time to Report to School on the First Day.
Dear PS 24 Families:
We hope you are all having a great summer.
Just a note to remind you to order your school supplies for your child by August 3rd.
Just go to www.ordermypack.com and use our school code #120767 , click on your child's grade for September with your credit card info and you are done. Supplies will be delivered right to your door. No fuss, no bother! The prices are right and you will also be contributing to the PA with your purchase.
Have a great rest of the summer!
PS 24 PA
For those of you who signed up with me for their child's NYC School Account. Please disregard the letter that went home. You are already signed up.
As of March 2nd the NYC Department of Education has a new Cell Phone Policy for Students, it is as follows: before entering the school building all students must turn off their cell phones and place them securely in their pack backs. They must stay this way until the students are released from the school building and leave the premises. During all statewide testing all cell phones and electronic devices will be collected. We understand it is important for parents and students to communicate while coming to and from school. If a student or a parent needs to contact one another, it should be done through the school’s main office and supervised by an adult.
All visitors must enter and exit through our main entrance.
We would like to remind all Parents that everyone entering the building must present I.D. and sign in with our safety agent.
These are Department of Education rules and are meant to assure the safety of our students and staff members.
We know that our safety agent knows many of you, but we need a record of all visitors in the building.
Thank you for your cooperation concerning the well being of the students of P.S. 24.
Parents Association Sign Up Forms
Click a link to download the PDF form:
Parents Please click on Link Below to access 2014/2015 Parent Handbook
Click on the link below for fantastic and fun things to do with your family...
Another great resource for parents!! This site is filled with fabulous information about events at Museums, Zoos, The Botanical Gardens, The Theater, NYC Parks, Festivals and Holiday Events. (This guide includes the Westchester Area)
This is a fantastic tool for parents!! This site was created to help parents bring the arts into the lives of young people. It is one of the most complete sources of information regarding programs, events, and activities regarding New York's cultural institutions for parents and families.
Click on link below...
Local Businesses Donate.pdf
Local Businesses Donate* to Kindergarten Teaching Assistant (TA) Program
Click on Link below for more information on How You Can Help!
Ongoing School Fundraisers....
Please click on attachment to Learn how to Support your child's school...
Parent Member SBST.doc
Just a reminder that Robin Blair is our official Parent Member of P.S. 24's School Based Support Team. She is available to families with children with an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
Her role is to assist families through the evaluation and placement process. She is available to attend all IEP meetings with you as an advocate.
For further information about how Ms. Blair can help parents and for her contact information please click on attachment below.
**AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING TRAFFIC & SAFETY**
January 27, 2014
Dear Parent and/or Guardian:
We are writing to you about an extremely urgent matter – the safety of our children.
While many children walk to school, many others are driven. We understand that you may be pressed for time. A traffic jam at 8:00 a.m. can test anyone’s patience. So, we are appealing to your sense of responsibility as a parent and member of our school community to follow some simple rules, which are meant to save time, but more importantly, to create an environment of safety and respect:
1) Stay to the right! The traffic cones placed in front of the school are there to create a single lane to the right. Please drop off your children directly onto the sidewalk, rather than in the middle of a busy street.
2) Move forward! If there is space in front of you, move as far forward as you can toward Independence Ave. While this may require your children to walk a few more feet, it will keep the line moving.
3) Drop and go! Please start saying goodbye to your child(ren) before you reach the school entrance. When you arrive, if possible, have your kids let themselves out on the passenger side. This applies to 5th graders* at the Annex as well. PLEASE, DO NOT DOUBLE-PARK AND LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE. The uniformed school aide is there to keep the line of vehicles moving. Please, follow his/her direction.
4) Use good judgment! If you need time to remove your child from a booster or car seat, or if he/she needs to be escorted to the entrance, please park your car away from the main school entrance and walk.
* 5th grade parents, PLEASE drop your kids off on the Whitehall side of Independence Ave., NOT on the park side. This will spare your child from having to walk unattended across a very busy two-way street, without the benefit of a traffic light. Read more...
NYC Department of Education General Response Protocol Powerpoint. Click on Attachment.
General Response Protocol Powerpoint Revised.ppt
The New Special Education Guide For Parents....English
New Special Education Parent Guide....Spanish
New_Special ed Parent_Guide_Spanish.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions about Common Core State Standards...
Core Curriculum Facts.pdf
click on attachment...
For the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts please click on attachment below.
Common Core ELA.htm
For The Common Core Standards for Math Please click on attachment below...
Common Core Math Standards.pdf
2013/2014 Parent Handbook
Click below for map of all entrances and exits.
Parents Sign Up For Notify New York City!
Notify NYC is a notification emergency system. To register is free just go to www.nyc.gov/notifynyc
You may choose all of the alerts listed below or choose those notifications that fit your lifestyle. There are five notification types:
- Emergency Alerts – messages about life-threatening events that may require immediate action. All registrants are automatically added to this list.
- Significant Event Notifications – important information about emergency events, utility outages and other types of high-impact events in your ZIP code.
- Public Health Notifications – information about important public health issues in your community.
- Public School Closing/Delay Advisories – updates about unscheduled public school closings, delays, and early dismissals.
- Unscheduled Parking Rules Suspensions – updates about unscheduled suspensions of citywide parking rules.
Make a Difference. Become a Parent IEP Team Member!
IEP parent member.docx
You can be a parent member if you have a child who is classified as having a disability and you are not an employee of the New York City Department of Education. You are also eligible if your child has been declassified within the past five years, or has graduated within the past five years.
Click on link below for all the details and training sites available.
The Parents Association is proud to announce fundraising partnerships with Target and Stop & Shop, click below for more information: