TO ALL THE P.S. 24 FAMILIES...
WE HOPE YOU HAD A GLORIOUS SUMMER!
First Day back to School, Thursday, September 4th. 8:00 am
*Kindergarten parents will receive a mailing over the summer in regard to their child's placement and the schedule for the first two days of school for Kindergarten only.
PS 24’s newest Kindergarteners are invited to the Parents Association’s
“Great K Playdate”
Thursday Sept 4th
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Bring a picnic lunch and come celebrate with your new friends
The playground is located on W. 236th St., just west of the school. Childcare will not be provided. For questions or more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents, Please Follow Directions to Access your child's supply list:
Go to www.ordermypack.com. Click on Find school. Enter school code: #120767.
Follow instructions to obtain the appropriate grade.
When school begins your teacher will let you know if there are additional items required.
The lists are not for ordering. The PA fundraiser has ended. Please just use lists for your use.
ARIS PARENT LINK
If you do not have your child's ID and Password information please contact me Florence Byrne, Parent Coordinator either by phone 718-796-8845 or e-mail FByrne@schools.nyc.gov.
During July and August Please e-mail me, I am not working but check my e-mail.
Click on the link below for fantastic and fun things to do with your family...
Another great resource for parents!! This site is filled with fabulous information about events at Museums, Zoos, The Botanical Gardens, The Theater, NYC Parks, Festivals and Holiday Events. (This guide includes the Westchester Area)
This is a fantastic tool for parents!! This site was created to help parents bring the arts into the lives of young people. It is one of the most complete sources of information regarding programs, events, and activities regarding New York's cultural institutions for parents and families.
Click on link below...
Local Businesses Donate.pdf
Local Businesses Donate* to Kindergarten Teaching Assistant (TA) Program
Click on Link below for more information on How You Can Help!
Ongoing School Fundraisers....
Please click on attachment to Learn how to Support your child's school...
Parent Member SBST.doc
Just a reminder that Robin Blair is our official Parent Member of P.S. 24's School Based Support Team. She is available to families with children with an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
Her role is to assist families through the evaluation and placement process. She is available to attend all IEP meetings with you as an advocate.
For further information about how Ms. Blair can help parents and for her contact information please click on attachment below.
PS 24 IS FUNDRAISING WITH MABEL'S LABELS!
Labels for the stuff kids lose!
click on attachment to see flyer...
**AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING TRAFFIC & SAFETY**
January 27, 2014
Dear Parent and/or Guardian:
We are writing to you about an extremely urgent matter – the safety of our children.
While many children walk to school, many others are driven. We understand that you may be pressed for time. A traffic jam at 8:00 a.m. can test anyone’s patience. So, we are appealing to your sense of responsibility as a parent and member of our school community to follow some simple rules, which are meant to save time, but more importantly, to create an environment of safety and respect:
1) Stay to the right! The traffic cones placed in front of the school are there to create a single lane to the right. Please drop off your children directly onto the sidewalk, rather than in the middle of a busy street.
2) Move forward! If there is space in front of you, move as far forward as you can toward Independence Ave. While this may require your children to walk a few more feet, it will keep the line moving.
3) Drop and go! Please start saying goodbye to your child(ren) before you reach the school entrance. When you arrive, if possible, have your kids let themselves out on the passenger side. This applies to 5th graders* at the Annex as well. PLEASE, DO NOT DOUBLE-PARK AND LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE. The uniformed school aide is there to keep the line of vehicles moving. Please, follow his/her direction.
4) Use good judgment! If you need time to remove your child from a booster or car seat, or if he/she needs to be escorted to the entrance, please park your car away from the main school entrance and walk.
* 5th grade parents, PLEASE drop your kids off on the Whitehall side of Independence Ave., NOT on the park side. This will spare your child from having to walk unattended across a very busy two-way street, without the benefit of a traffic light. Read more...
Riverdale Y Registration Form...
YCare Form 2013.pdf
NYC Department of Education General Repsonse Protocol Powerpoint. Click on Attachment.
General Response Protocol Powerpoint Revised.ppt
Interpreting 3-8ELA & Mathematics Tests, Results, & Score Reports
Please click on the link below for important information regarding test results and Common Core Curriculum.
The New Special Education Guide For Parents....English
New Special Education Parent Guide....Spanish
New_Special ed Parent_Guide_Spanish.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions about Common Core State Standards...
Core Curriculum Facts.pdf
click on attachment...
For the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts please click on attachment below.
Common Core ELA.htm
For The Common Core Standards for Math Please click on attachment below...
Common Core Math Standards.pdf
5th Grade Parents,
Please click on the menu item "5th Grade News". There is helpful information about 5th grade activities and the middle school process.
2013/2014 Parent Handbook
Click below for map of all entrances and exits.
Parents Sign Up For Notify New York City!
Notify NYC is a notification emergency system. To register is free just go to www.nyc.gov/notifynyc
You may choose all of the alerts listed below or choose those notifications that fit your lifestyle. There are five notification types:
- Emergency Alerts – messages about life-threatening events that may require immediate action. All registrants are automatically added to this list.
- Significant Event Notifications – important information about emergency events, utility outages and other types of high-impact events in your ZIP code.
- Public Health Notifications – information about important public health issues in your community.
- Public School Closing/Delay Advisories – updates about unscheduled public school closings, delays, and early dismissals.
- Unscheduled Parking Rules Suspensions – updates about unscheduled suspensions of citywide parking rules.
Make a Difference. Become a Parent IEP Team Member!
IEP parent member.docx
You can be a parent member if you have a child who is classified as having a disability and you are not an employee of the New York City Department of Education. You are also eligible if your child has been declassified within the past five years, or has graduated within the past five years.
Click on link below for all the details and training sites available.
The Parents Association is proud to announce fundraising partnerships with Target and Stop & Shop, click below for more information: